Have you locked yourself out of your house? Do you want rekeying of your locks? Do you want to install new lock on your front door? Have you misplaced your car or home keys? Keys are the most common thing that is always misplaced or forgotten. Whenever you face with all these situations, which is the best way to deal with it? No other then calling professional locksmiths. Everyone wants to save money these days and many people will advise you to contact non- professional locksmith for your lock problems as they will charge you less money. But there is a huge difference between both of them. Do not risk all your security system with these unprofessional locksmiths. You might end up spending more just to fix mistakes of unprofessional work done by these locksmiths. Here are some more advantages of professional locksmiths which will make sure that next time you will only call them for any of your problems related to lock.
Advantages of Professional Locksmiths
- Available 24 hours for your help- Think of a situation that you reached your home late night with your family from a trip and you lost your keys and at this time your local locksmith or handyman are also not available to help you. So, now who will be there to help you? Of course a professional locksmith. A professional locksmith company has a staff of highly trained, courteous and experienced locksmiths who can respond to your call 24 hours a day and seven days a week including holidays. They will arrive immediately at your location with all the required tools.
- Cutting of keys- A professional locksmith can provide you a copy of your lock keys, which you may need in case you lost your pair of keys somewhere.
- Handle any type of locks- Professional locksmith companies are fully capable of handling various types of locks and well known high security locks like deadbolts, knobs, key cylinders, levers, door viewers, safes etc.
- Experienced- We all know that experience is the best knowledge. The top issue about a professional locksmith is that he is effectively experienced in his work. He is very well informed from the improvements in the technological know- how. Also he is able to recommend you which kind of security devices are best for you home or place of work.
- Replace combinations of locks and keys- It is common that people forget the combination of their locks. If you are also one of them, you can hire professional locksmith to replace the combination of your keys without damaging it.
- Replace the entire lock system- A professional locksmith can replace the entire lock system in an easy way. They have different types of picking tools with them for this purpose like ball pick, warded pick, rare pick etc. Using all these picking tools in the right angles is an essential need to complete the task, and only a professional locksmith can do this.
For quick emergency service when locked out of a car or home, professional locksmiths can get the job done within the shortest time possible. Do not risk your home or office with any other unprofessional locksmith.
When you move in a new property, there are so many things in your mind like mortgage payments, new neighbors, decorating your new house, renovating, packing and unpacking your things etc that you forget about the security of your house. So, do you change your locks while moving in a new property? Let’s see why it is very important to change locks while moving in a new property.
Why changing locks is important
- Duplicate of your keys- First of all when you move into a new house or apartment previously used by former owners, you are not sure that there are no duplicates made from your keys as there is no way to check how many duplicates are made from your keys. Therefore changing locks is very much important as you don’t know how many copies of your keys are floating around there.
- Quality of old locks- The old locks can be rusty and can be of poor quality. You can’t be sure about their solidarity, so maximize your security by changing them.
- Safety of your home insurance claim- Your home insurance claim can be at a risk of being turned down if a spare set of keys of your house was used by the person to commit burglary.
Is it important to call professional locksmith for changing locks?
The answer to the above question is yes. Here are some reasons that will make sure that next time you will call a professional locksmith for changing locks.
- Proper equipment- Locksmiths are properly trained and also they have the right equipment to accomplish the job. They don’t have to hunt around something that might do your work.
- Install any type of lock- Professional locksmiths can handle any type of lock whether it is modern, traditional, sophisticated or of any brand.
- Save your time- Now you need not to take a holiday from your job to install the lock system in your house. Professional locksmith will complete your work in some minutes or in some hours as they have the experience of many years of doing this work.
- Safe – The work of professional locksmiths is safe and they guarantee for their work. But if you install your locking system by your own there might be a risk of improper installation of the locking system.
Changing the locks is important for the security of the house. By changing locks you don’t need to worry if the previous owner’s cousin or neighbor or any of his friends or relatives has a key to your house. Changing locks by a professional locksmith will ensure your safety, security and privacy.
What protects your house when you are on a vacation trip with your family? Who provide safety to your house when you go outside for shopping or to visit another place? On which thing you trust most for safety of your shop, vehicle, business and many other things? The answer is simple, locks. Locks secure our houses, important business documents, money, our shops and vehicles. Variety of Locks are available in the market like pad locks, cam locks, electrical locks etc. But sometimes locks also create a fuss for us.
Imagine what happens if you lost your keys or if a shortage of wire happens in your electrical lock? In such a situation only a professional locksmith can help you out. No matter, if it is your car lock problem or your home lock problem locksmiths are always there to help you any time anyplace.
We all when go outside or leave our shop or office after work, we lock them so that our things stay safe. But sometimes lock becomes the reason for our frustration and stress. The solutions of your problems are as under:
- Make Sure It is the Right Key- Sometimes, when you want to enter in your house or shop quickly, you try the wrong key many times. So, first of all check that you are using the correct key.
- Frozen Lock – This problem occurs due to very much cold. A quick way to fix the frozen lock is to heat the lock with dryer. You can also do with the help of a candle.
- Lock is Stuck – If your lock is stuck, lubricate your cylinder by spraying a little graphite.
- Call the Professional- You can’t solve some issues yourself like if the key gets stuck within the lock and some part of key is broken in the lock. So, call a professional residential locksmith who will solve all your problems.
Things should be done to make your home secure
- Install a peephole so that you can see who is knocking before you open the door.
- Install security cameras in your house.
- Install only a top quality lockset.
- Replace the exterior hollow doors with the solid ones.
- Only get your house locks change by a trusted and professional locksmith.
At the time of maintenance, car door locks are neglected many times but they are the essential part of car maintenance as they are susceptible to many problems like rusting and jamming of lock. The solutions of your problems are as under:
- Lubricate the lock- Lubricate the door lock tumblers with the aerosol can or with the tube of graphite powder as your car door locks are vulnerable to moisture, sweat and contaminants found in the air.
- Make sure your key is OK. – Check the key that it is not worn or broken.
- Check the battery- Make sure your battery is not dead or dying if you use your key fob to open lock.
- Door lock motor- Check the door lock motor as it controls unlock and lock switch by unhooking the rod on the motor.
Call the locksmith- If all the above methods does not work or If you are using electric lock then many problems can occur like shortage of wire etc. These types of problems can only be handled by automotive locksmith and the locksmith has special tools and technology to solve the problem.
How To Make Your Automobile Secure
- Always remove important things from your car or hide them under the seats.
- Have an alarm fitted in the car.
- Always be careful of your keys.
Advantages of Locksmith Services
- When your keys are lost- When your keys are lost, then the locksmith services will help you to enter your house without damaging the lock.
- Replaces broken keys- Locksmith services replaces your broken keys with new keys.
- Best in emergency situations- By mistake, if you locked your child in the car, locksmith services will help you to open the car door by using new modern techniques.
- Secure- A licensed locksmith will provide effective security to your home and shop as their services are of high quality.
- Peace of mind- When you go outside in vacations and you have no choice but to leave your house. In this situation you have peace in your mind because of the efficient security system installed in your house by locksmith.
- Prevent crime- If the thieves find out that you have installed modern techniques of technology, they will never think of entering in your house.
- Installation of electrical security system- Locksmith services can make your all security system electrical so that there is no or very less chance of mistake in it. They will provide you with remote instead of keys to open locks.
Locks play a key role in security of our houses, automobiles and business. There is a variety of locks in market. But sometimes locks put you in a very difficult situation where only a professional locksmith can get you out. Whether it’s a home lock problem or car lock professional locksmiths provide you help any time anywhere.
PROBLEMS WITH HOME LOCKS
Lock systems ensure the safety of our homes. But sometimes locks stop working properly and cause a lot of hassle and stress. If you have a problem with a lock, try the following steps.
- Check the key: Make sure that you are using the right key.
- Lubricate: Spray a little graphite in cylinder for lubrication
- Professional Help: If above methods won’t work , call a professional locksmith who can solve all your lock problems.
TIPS FOR HOME SECURITY
- Choose strong and solid doors for your house.
- Before going out check that all the doors and windows properly locked.
- Keep a peep hole in your front door to identify callers before let them enter into your house.
- Avoid holding doors open for unwanted people to come in.
- Inform only a few and reliable people that you are going on a holiday.
- If you want to change the locks of your house, get the job done by a qualified locksmith.
PROBLEMS WITH CAR LOCKS
Car door locks are suspectible to various problems such as rusting and jamming of lock. Car door locks are most neglected part while maintainence services. If your car door lock stuck you should try the following to fix the problem
- Lubricate: The first simple thing you can do is lubricate the door lock tumblers. You can use an aerosol can or tube of graphite powder.
- Check the Key : Many times the key is worn or broken. In such case use a duplicate key if you have or get a new key from the dealer.
- Check the Lock Cylinder: Check the lock cylinder with a flash light and see if all the rods are properly aligned.
- Check the Door Lock Motor: Check door lock motor by unhooking the rod on the motor. If it works it means door lock need a replacement.
- Call a Locksmith : If all the above mentioned methods doesn’t work then you need to call a locksmith. A locksmith have special tools to unlock your car.
TIPS ON AUTOMOBILE SECURITY
- Always remove your important things from your car. If there is need to leave things in car, hide them under the seats.
- If your car has an alarm fitted, use it whenever possible. If you don’t have a car alarm, invest in a steering.
Services offered by Our Locksmith Technicians
- Emergency Lockout Services : In case an infant is locked in vehicle, Lock smith service help you to open the Car door with a special tool.
- Loss of Keys : Locksmith Services help you enter your house or vehicle in case of loss of keys without damaging the lock.
- Replacement of Broken keys : Locksmith services also replace your broken or lost keys.
- Installation of Security System : Modern Locksmith Services also offer installation of security systems in your houses as well as at commercial places to protect your house and business against burglars.
- Repair & Replacement: Locksmith Services offer you repair and replacement of any kind of lock mechanism.
- Keyless Entry: Alpharetta Locksmith Solutions offer you keyless entry in your home or vehicle with help of remotes.