When you move in a new property, there are so many things in your mind like mortgage payments, new neighbors, decorating your new house, renovating, packing and unpacking your things etc that you forget about the security of your house. So, do you change your locks while moving in a new property? Let’s see why it is very important to change locks while moving in a new property.
Why changing locks is important
- Duplicate of your keys- First of all when you move into a new house or apartment previously used by former owners, you are not sure that there are no duplicates made from your keys as there is no way to check how many duplicates are made from your keys. Therefore changing locks is very much important as you don’t know how many copies of your keys are floating around there.
- Quality of old locks- The old locks can be rusty and can be of poor quality. You can’t be sure about their solidarity, so maximize your security by changing them.
- Safety of your home insurance claim- Your home insurance claim can be at a risk of being turned down if a spare set of keys of your house was used by the person to commit burglary.
Is it important to call professional locksmith for changing locks?
The answer to the above question is yes. Here are some reasons that will make sure that next time you will call a professional locksmith for changing locks.
- Proper equipment- Locksmiths are properly trained and also they have the right equipment to accomplish the job. They don’t have to hunt around something that might do your work.
- Install any type of lock- Professional locksmiths can handle any type of lock whether it is modern, traditional, sophisticated or of any brand.
- Save your time- Now you need not to take a holiday from your job to install the lock system in your house. Professional locksmith will complete your work in some minutes or in some hours as they have the experience of many years of doing this work.
- Safe – The work of professional locksmiths is safe and they guarantee for their work. But if you install your locking system by your own there might be a risk of improper installation of the locking system.
Changing the locks is important for the security of the house. By changing locks you don’t need to worry if the previous owner’s cousin or neighbor or any of his friends or relatives has a key to your house. Changing locks by a professional locksmith will ensure your safety, security and privacy.